Archive for August, 2012

h1

b994 alpha

August 23, 2012

I’ve finished a build of b994 that <appears> to be working well enough.  If you’re interested in testing the alpha build, and have some previous experience using Monomodular, drop me some email and I’ll send you a link to the newest stuff.  I need to be able to keep track of whose using this and what your experience is at this point.

There’s quite a bit of the material I haven’t had time to test, so instead of releasing everything at once, I want to get some feedback from other user’s that know what’s going on so that I can confirm everything is actually working.

I haven’t bundled the material with an installer yet, you’ll have to put the files manually where they go.

If I get some positive reports about this on multiple systems/controllers, I’ll bundle it in the installer and release it shortly.

a

 

h1

August 21, 2012

As always, things are taking longer and longer.   I had to rebuild the connection protocol yet again over the last couple of days, which is ludicrous.  I basically spent 24 hours of coding just to get back to the place I had started.  I tried a bunch of different things to make Live play nice between edit/Live modes, but at this point I’m just over it.  There are flaws with their routines, and it’s not my job to reverse engineer their software in order to fix problems that shouldn’t be there in the first place.

I removed all the ridiculous routines I was using to circumvent m4l’s shortcomings….at least now the codebase is a little more readable, and doesn’t give me a headache every time I need to look for a problem I encounter.

So, yeah, maybe I’m venting a bit.

I’ve got a working version for the upcoming CNTRLR update, which means that Monomodular might get out before the end of the week if I don’t find any further problems.

Cheers,

a

 

h1

Back to Work!

August 16, 2012

I’m FINALLY getting a chance to work on b994.  After several months of mixing live sound in the woods at festivals, showering too infrequently, eating the wrong things, not sleeping much, and working every single day, I came up with the time to get everything working in Max6 last night, and besides three hours of wasted time chasing down an esoteric connection bug with Python, everything went pretty smoothly.  I’ve managed to move all of the current Monomodular suite over to Max6 and I’m now testing things to see what else is broken.

I’m afraid that version b994 will not contain any new features to speak of.  There are a lot of ideas that I’m working on currently, and no shortage of new features that I’ve added to some of the scripts since the last release.  Unfortunately, the move over to Max6 has been anything but trivial, and b994 will therefore only contain a straight port of the last version for Max6 compatibility.  The changes that I had to make to get things working right were quite a bit more complex than I’d first hoped they’d be.  Consequently, I want to get this out to everyone as soon as possible, and we can use b994 to iron out all the bugs that will probably pop up from Max6 incompatibilities before I start adding other things that will make everything more complicated.  The other features that I’d mentioned in my earlier posts will have to wait until b995…..but don’t fret, I’m on it!

As soon as I get everything packaged up and make the minor changes  that are left to the rest of the Python scripts, I’ll put a link up for the beta testers and hopefully we can get this cart back on this newly paved road we’ve been given 😉

Cheers,

a